Sunday, November 30, 2014

The mom scene...(sniff sniff)

{I wrote this draft over a year ago...decided to share it now, still applies today every bit as much as it did then!}

I cried...as always(man I seem to say that alot lately)! Toy Story 3...the mom scene...she has been running around getting Andy ready to leave for college...and she leads the way back into his bedroom saying "now, are you sure you have everything?"...and then "Oh....Andy..."the room is empty...and mama is suddenly hit by the reality that her boy is leaving..."I just wish I could always be with you..."  Yeah. that.

When that movie first came out, my sister was sending one off to college...and I had one graduating from high school and getting ready. I bawled...she bawled...the "mama letting go" thing is hard! But, this time...when I watched it, I was sitting with a two and very nearly a half year old boy and a two year old girl in my lap...wow. I still bawled...I still miss my older boys fiercely...love them so much. Ache for the days that went by too fast...seemed too few. But, this time...I realized, I get to do it all over again! What a thought! Lego's and funny faces and sweet little people hugs...stories and bedtime and up late wrapping up surprises for Christmas morning! All of it...I am SO grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene