Friday, February 9, 2018

"Quiet Time" aka {Engage}


Kneel in dirt
wind whipping
eyes stinging
storm approaching
{Day approaching}
lift the bag
{lift The Word}
full of stakes
stability, truth
hammer in hand
squinting hard
sweat dripping {CLANG} {CLANG} {CLANG}
one stake after another
pound deep
all of the way down
Solid, sure
Into Bedrock
Into Truth
Deeper than the wind
Stronger than the storm
Truth {CLANG}
Truth {CLANG}
Truth {CLANG}
His Truth
one by one
My Choice made
My will laid
reality faced
pound them down
into the ground
all around me
{CLANG} Grace
{CLANG} Love
{CLANG} Provision
{CLANG} Goodness
{CLANG} Mercy
{CLANG} Peace
{CLANG} Promise
Hammer rings out
over the clamor
rushing in
unrelenting
Tack down
heavy fabric
this Tent
this Shelter
this Kingdom
over me
{CLANG} His Love
{CLANG} His Power
{CLANG} His Joy
{CLANG} His Blood,
{CLANG} His Sacrifice
{CLANG} His Death,
{CLANG} His LIFE,
{CLANG} empty tomb,
{CLANG} Ascension
{CLANG} Authority
{CLANG} His Kingdom
{CLANG} HERE, NOW
Truth rings out
Fight back
{CLANG} I
{CLANG} AM
{CLANG} SEATED
{CLANG} AT
{CLANG} THE
{CLANG} RIGHT
{CLANG} HAND
{CLANG} OF
{CLANG} MY
{CLANG} FATHER!
Lies silenced
Life received
hands raw
Stand, aching
{THUD} hammer drops
Bag empty
Armor on
Feet planted
Solid Rock
Ready now
~ Engage


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase "a picture paints a thousand words" does not fit this devine work from heaven. No. Each and every word paints a thousand pictures that pierce to the deepest, only God reachable, parts of my soul. Thank you, more than words. I love you. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you. I am so grateful for the beginning of this amazing friendship and community! Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene