Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday, Monday...(and the definition of "family")




Phew!  Tired, I am! This weekend was fun. I got to go see two of my four boys(which is always a good thing)! And, we got to have another one of those strange "post modern" family moments...the more I see, the more I believe that family is what you make it. I am sure people were having an interesting time making sense of our crowd...just thinking about it makes me laugh! In attendance were myself, my husband, two of my sons, 19 and 16, the 19 year olds girlfriend, our two little ones 16 months and 20  months...and...the boys father. Yup. All of us roaming around the riverfront park together in Spokane. It was funny to watch my older boys father fall in love with the babies...by the end of the day he was referring to himself as "Uncle"...it was actually kinda sweet.  It blows my mind, really...to reach back into my memory and try to get my head around all that has happened in the last 15 years of our lives to land us right here. Right now. It's incredible...but, whether or not I ever truly manage to grasp it...I am profoundly grateful. I wanted a family.  And, that's what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene