Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Play dough...

Today has been just another day...I have been sick since...um....well, December, really...that's when I was put on antibiotics to deal with an infected tooth. Root canal was done in early January...but, by mid January, I was sick again...turns out that first round of antibiotics set off a chain of events that lead to the overgrowth of a bacteria referred to by health professionals as C-Diff.  Not good stuff. It's February 6th, and I am still battling...relapsed and on my second 10 day course of yet another antibiotic(this one kills the good bacteria AND the bad bacteria...yipee!!) And, the side effects of the antibiotic are almost as bad as the bacterial infection they are trying to eradicate. Does it sound fun yet? No? Good...cause it's not. I am tiiiiirred...SO tired. I have been doing good to get my kids up in the morning and fed...then lay around on the floor in their playroom and try to enjoy them. Of course, they think the laying around on the playroom floor is great! Every so often, I retreat to the couch just to get a break from the poking and jabbing and body slamming that goes on while on the floor...but, then there are the slobbery kisses and the giggles and the bright eyes. Yep...not hard to enjoy...

So...I really haven't had a ton to write. I feel like I am supposed to be sharing our story in foster care and adoption...but, right now...I am having to work really hard at just doing life. Did I mention I am tiiiiiirrrreeeedd?  Yeah. I am. 


So, anyway...back to the title of this particular post. Today, I finally decided to pick a recipe and make peanut butter play dough...this blog may as well have been titled "Expectations"...cause  I had em...oh, boy, did I have em. Didn't go exactly as I had hoped...Isaiah boy was completely freaked out by the stuff...decided it was a no go, preeettty much immediately. Dumped a bunch of it on the floor. You know...the floor covered in dirt and dog hair because I haven't swept in several days? Yeah...that floor. Threw that chunk away and got Isaiah back down...only to notice that Miss Zoe loved the stuff...only she wasn't getting the "Play Dough" part...she just decided it was a great snack...and by the way, thanks Mom for that! Ugh...after dressing both kids back in their clothes(second time dressing them today...not normally a big deal...but, I am SO .....yeah, you get the idea.) I settled back onto the playroom floor only to realize...sniff sniff...um...somebody was messy! Wait! No...BOTH somebodies were messy! Oi! I put Zoe in the play pen while changing Isaiah...and then swapped...two poopy diapers later and another attempt at laying on the floor and I realized that we were only about 40 minutes away from lunch. Gah! Don't get me started on meal time with two little ones! Especially when one of them has sensory issues that vary by the day...sometimes by the moment.   And, there you have it. Not a ton of intelligent information to share with you from here.  Maybe try back tomorrow...and feel free to post a few questions...if there is any one thing you would specifically like to know about our journey through foster care and adoption, lemme know! Until then...I think I'm gonna take a little nap while the kids are down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene