Sunday, March 20, 2011

Waiting...


When I look back over recent years...I know God has been working to help me with waiting on Him...and yet...the waiting is still very, very hard! I sincerely wish that just knowing that He is in control...and has a plan...and His timing is perfect, would take away this struggle with letting it go and waiting.  I heard of a couple yesterday who applied in February (the year they started out) for a Foster care license...and because they were able to complete all of the requirements pretty quickly, they were not only approved for foster care quickly, but had their first placement in April of that year...and that placement is a beautiful little boy who was about 10 months old, and,  who's mommy was pregnant with another child...the girl was placed with them shortly after birth...and about 10 months after they had first applied, they had the two children in their home. They eventually adopted them both. I'm guessing they did not have five pets who needed to be brought up to date on vaccines(we don't get every vaccine that is out there, as we don't believe it is good for the animals...so, they get the basics...but, there are some things that are required for licensing if you have pets. So, off to the vets office we will go!) and I'm guessing they didn't need to plan to have a window installed in the basement...they didn't have four people to get fingerprinted or have tb shots done, or get immunization records for...simpler. I'm guessing it was simpler for them...BUT, I know that if God wanted it to go more quickly and be simpler for our family, it would be. Period. I know in my heart of hearts that if He is taking longer, it's because it's not time yet...no matter what time I would like it to be!LOL! SO, as I said...I wish that knowing all of that meant that I could just quit thinking about it and let it go and live my life today as if there were nothing else going on...pray for me there...


We are making progress...I have to remember that, too...we completed our PRIDE training classes this weekend...tomorrow Jeremy and I go in to the doctors office for my physical exam(for the adoption) and tb testing for both Jeremy and I for the foster licensing! Kelly goes in Tuesday am for his physical and tb test...then, Scott and Casey go in for their tb tests during Spring break on April 5th! That is progress! And, this Thursday, we all four go in to have our fingerprints done at the police station...and Friday we will get the necessary documents notarized and mailed off to have the FBI background checks completed(for the adoption piece!) Again...that is progress. We have all of the necessary child proofing equipment...we are getting ready to purchase the fire extinguishers and the 3rd smoke detector...and we have a car seat picked out, if not purchased!LOL! There is a lovely lady in Spokane who has a changing table that she is going to donate(when we get over there to pick it up!) and a booster style high chair...and maybe even a crib, we will see. If not, we have seen several great deals on Craigslist for cribs.  My mother has made 4 quilted table runners for me to sell in the upcoming garage sale(we still need to just pick a date!) and we are getting things together to sell in that fundraising effort to help finish off the remaining costs! We have $600 of the nearly $700 we need to install the egress window. Won't be long and we will have all we need to get that done! (Eventually we will do the second window...but, why wait? They said one is enough, so be it!) This is all progress! (right!?LOL!) So, I need to just breathe...we are doing all we can. 


I think that is the greatest issue...it is the sense that I should be *doing* something! That if I were getting it all done it would be going faster...as if I could slow it down!   


So, obviously, prayers for the provision and timing of all of the  above...and prayers for calm and assurance of the perfect timing of our Creator...as we wait on Him!  It will be amazing to watch as it all falls into place...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene