Friday, January 4, 2013

Are you out there?




Are you out there? Are you dreaming, Mama? Do you hope to have a child? Does your heart ache? Do songs about motherhood and adoption cause tears to fall? Do you throw out desperate prayers that cause your heart and your mind to engage in day long wrestling matches; with your heart saying "No, no! God can do ANYTHING...I may not know how He will...or that He plans to...but, I KNOW HE CAN!" and your mind replies(at least mine did) "Jeanene, you are not going to be on Oprah as the woman who miraculously grew a new uterus!"  

If so, I think I may know you...maybe not perfectly(there is only One who does, anyway)...but, I know you...I know the ache...I know the dream. I've uttered the crazy prayers...had the desperate moments.  I know how impossible it can seem and how hard it can be to imagine! (Trust me, I am still working on wrapping my mind around this!) I'm telling you... I understand the longing...and, I still can't fully grasp how I got from those desperate dreams...the tears...all of it, to mommy to two toddlers trying to figure out *how* to do this!LOL!  


If any of that sounds familiar...you, are the reason I am writing this blog...I want you to know that anything is possible...I want to side with your heart and echo those sentiments "No, no! God can do ANYTHING!!"  Because, He can... " I hope my experience will encourage you to keep walking...keep knocking on doors and seeking answers. Your child is out there. I say that with total confidence...Your.child.is.out.there. How do I know that? Because that ache...that longing...the dream? That is not just you. That is God...that is a calling. He is moving you...He is feeding that desire and that dream because He has dreams FOR you...and for your little one to be. He or she may not even exist(in our dimension) yet...his or her birthparents may not even know that this child is out there in the future yet...So, let me tell you a little bit about how I know this.  And, then stick with me...cause I'm gonna try to tell you what it's like on the other side of the dream, too... feel free to take a look around...I do have an older post(recent, but older than this one!LOL!) that covers some of the beginning of our journey to Adoption.  There will be more where that came from...


Welcome. And, God bless you in your journey!

2 comments:

  1. Yes that is me :) I have a burning desire in my heart and God certainly put it there. I hope we can be "cyber friends". On the forums I am calledtoadopt222.

    my blog is loveisthickerthanwater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing that...it is such an intense experience...I would absolutely love to build more "cyber" friendships!! So nice to "meet" you! =D I will look for you on the boards! And, thank you for sharing your blog link...I have been adamantly pursuing more blogs by folks in the same boat! I look forward to reading your story! Blessings!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene