Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I love it when God opens doors! =)



So, of course I was praying for open doors, big signs...direction...and God directed me to a few different pieces of information.  The first is info about newborns who have been exposed to drugs in utero. Hmmm...makes sense, given all of the studying I have done over the last year on Chemical Dependency and the physiological effects of it on the human body!  The following is a link to a place here in Washington that specializes in care for these tiny ones...it's heartbreaking, but also encouraging! 


I read through the section of FAQ's (second button from the bottom left menu) and it's amazing to me...very different from what I had assumed...who knows what God is actually doing, but it would certainly make sense if we fostered to adopt one of these...the "littlest victims of drug abuse". 

After that, I felt the nudge to go ahead and look up our classes for PRIDE training(part of the foster system pre service training!) and lo and behold, classes start in March...and, I was just grinning...OPEN door, right there in front of me. I had been really concerned about Kelly's work schedule...he is out of town Monday through Thursday(afternoon) of each week...and most of the classes I had seen were Monday through Friday from 5:30 - 9:30pm...well, the ones coming up in March...are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, two weeks in a row...and that is IT! Amazing...I could not have planned that better myself!LOL! Ahem...of course...cause God did it!LOL!  I know better than to wonder what He will do...whatever He does, it's always the very best. Perfect time, perfect place. Yea God!


Please keep praying for us through this process. We are finishing up gathering documentation and then we will be called in for our first "interview" session...after which, we complete classes and do "home study homework" and then the actual Adoption Home Study visits, etc. begin...WOW!


Specific prayer needs are:


For God to bless my photography business in the upcoming months, as there will be many needs that we must prepare for...some big, some small! Also, pray that God will give us clear direction as to how to meet those needs! How He would like the funds that He entrusts to us to be used!




Thanks so much for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your perspective! Blessings, Jeanene